The Soundtrack For The Baby Boomer Generation

Step back to a time when singers were as bright as the stars in the heavens
and the music they sang was really swingin'. Stacks of wax to fit every occasion!

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

She Is Not A Crook

Artist:  Juanita Nixon
Song:  Let Me Be Free (a-side) (b-side is Stop Knockin')
Label:  King Records
Number:  45-5375
Songwriter:  Billy Myles
Time:  1:55
Released:  July 1960

I couldn't seem to find out anything about today's artist, Juanita Nixon.  But, she belts out this nifty little R&B number with the best of them. As far as a recording artist, I can only seem to find three singles she released, all for different labels.  This was her first, in 1960; in 1963 she released "There's A Boy/I Met My Sugar In A Candy Store," on the Hawk label; and apparently her last release came in September 1965.  It was on the Laurie label and featured "Think It Over," with a song by another artist on the flipside, "Lazy Love."  This song was written by Billy Myles and I've posted some of his music previously here on Music For Every Mood.  You can find it here:  Billy Myles - The Joker.  But first, please enjoy Juanita Nixon singing "Let Me Be Free".


I did find an image that I think was of Juanita, but I'm not sure.  If so, here's what she looked like in her prime:

No comments: