The Soundtrack For The Baby Boomer Generation

Step back to a time when singers were as bright as the stars in the heavens
and the music they sang was really swingin'. Stacks of wax to fit every occasion!

Thursday, August 1, 2019

No, Not David Rockefeller

Artist: The Rock-Fellers
Song: Orange Peel (b-side) (a-side is Ours)
Label: Valor Records
Number: 45-VA-007
Songwriters: Bachelor-Stevens
Time: 2:15
Released: December 1958

This is one of those groups where I couldn't find out anything about them on the internet.  Apparently, they were a Rockabilly group and released a couple singles that I could find.  This particular record is a real upbeat rocker with lots of screaming saxophone and backup singers.  Other than that, that's all I know.  Their group name is what I thought was catchy and when I tried to look them up, about all I could find were things about this guy named David Rockefeller; whoever he was.  (Nudge nudge, wink wink.)  I don't think he was their sax player, either.  But, enjoy this rockin' little tune anyway!  Here's The Rock-Fellers singing "Orange Peel".  At least it wasn't a banana peel.

No comments: